How We Help
The Foundation serves as a community facilitator working to maximize resources and achieve the greatest impact for our community. In addition, THF meets with local, state and national community-based, public and private entities to address ongoing needs and challenges.
THF and Reba’s Ranch House host community healthcare focus groups, planning meetings, networking, luncheons and numerous healthcare related support group meetings monthly.
The involvement of THF in mental health goes beyond awarding grants to mental health projects. We value the many relationships and ties we have to mental health.
Our solutions and actions include:
- Managing Reba’s Ranch House and working with families who are often facing difficult times, some who will face major grief
- Hosting multiple support groups
- Participating in the Texas Mental Health Funders Network comprised of foundations interested in mental health across the State of Texas who meet quarterly to share successes and data
- Partnering with the Meadows Foundation and supporting the development of the Meadows Mental Health Institute for the State of Texas
- Hosting various local focus meetings to better understand the gaps in the local infrastructure and partnering with local community leaders to form Texoma’s first Behavioral Health Leadership Team
- Collecting and analyzing local, state and national data to better understand the needs of Texoma