Who We Are
The Texoma Health Foundation is the only Independent Nonprofit Public Health Foundation serving Grayson, Fannin, Bryan and Marshall Counties.
The Texoma Health Foundation (THF) was formed in January 2007 as a conversion foundation when the Texoma Medical Center was sold to Universal Health Services.
Now, THF serves as the Texoma Region’s only public foundation directly benefiting Grayson, Fannin, Bryan and Marshall counties.
Since it’s founding in 2007, the Foundation has grown in size and scope; adding new endowments and funds while strategically evaluating the priorities of healthcare philanthropy in the area. Great efforts are made to remain objective, fair and true to the mission with our projects, programs, funding and grant awards.
Through our Community Grant Partners and our own initiatives, we are constantly working to:
- IMPROVE ACCESS to HEALTHCARE
- INCREASE THE NURSING WORKFORCE and
- SUPPORT FAMILIES & CAREGIVERS
One primary way we do this is through the operation of Reba’s Ranch House. The Ranch House provides a warm place to stay for families of patients in local medical facilities. Inspired by Reba McEntire’s service to Texoma, the Ranch House has touched so many lives because of her continued love for our community.
Other Funds, Projects and Programs of THF:
- The Breast Cancer Project:
- 500 Strong Campaign – Providing financial assistance to uninsured & under-insured women needing breast cancer surgeries and treatment
- Room for Hope – Providing wigs, prosthesis, and other products for women undergoing Cancer Treatment
- The Breast Cancer Support Group – A community support and fellowship group for Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Berry Fund – Providing camperships for children with diabetes
- Dr. Mackey Watkins Fund - Dialysis Care
- Children’s Fund – Patient assistance for children’s medical services
- The Porter Fund - Patient assistance for the uninsured
- Dr. Max and Shirley Cham Fund - Scholarships for Emergency Medical Technicians
- Nursing education and retention
- THF’s Unrestricted Fund – Supporting area nonprofits through community grants
THF is governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors comprised of community leaders including a permanent seat for Reba McEntire.