How We Help
Grants to nonprofits in the Texoma area are made possible through unrestricted gifts to THF and annual investment income. $5.1 million has been awarded through THF’s community grants and giving program since its inception in 2007. THF’s Grants and Giving Committee has distributed a total of 83 grant awards to 33 unique organizations over the four county service area.
Grants can support program needs, operations or capital improvements with a strong emphasis on match (cash and/or in-kind), evaluation and sustainability.
Awards are made at the end of each calendar year to nonprofit organizations working to:
- Improve access to primary, preventive and follow up care for under/uninsured residents, as well as support health education and healthy living projects
- Past awards include grants supporting access to primary care, mental health and dental services, substance abuse, hospice care, children’s diabetes programs, healthy living and health education.
- Access to Healthcare services is a major priority of THF. Awards granted over the past five years (2007-2012) under “Access to Healthcare Services” were allocated to the following categories.
- Support programs and initiatives that increase the number of healthcare professionals in the Foundation’s service area with a focus on nursing
- Past awards include grants supporting nurse faculty positions, video-education and lab equipment