How We Help
Grants to nonprofits in the Texoma area are made possible through unrestricted gifts to THF and annual investment income. $3.7 million has been awarded through THF’s community grants and giving program since THF’s inception in 2007. Each grant aligns with THF’s mission, purpose and community priority.
Grants can support program needs, operations or capital improvements with a strong emphasis on match (cash and/or in-kind), evaluation and sustainability.
Awards are made at the end of each calendar year to nonprofit organizations working to:
- Improve access to primary, preventive and follow up care for under/uninsured residents, as well as support health education and healthy living projects
- Past awards include grants supporting access to primary care, mental health and dental services, substance abuse, hospice care, children’s diabetes programs, healthy living and health education.
- Access to Healthcare services is a major priority of THF. Awards granted over the past five years (2007-2012) under “Access to Healthcare Services” were allocated to the following categories.
- Support programs and initiatives that increase the number of healthcare professionals in the Foundation’s service area with a focus on nursing
- Past awards include grants supporting nurse faculty positions, video-education and lab equipment