How We Help
Endowments and Funds
Our endowments and funds provide support for today while investing to make tomorrow better for future generations.
Family endowments and special funds can be established with THF to address the ongoing needs of the community, specific community needs or areas of importance to the donor. THF has a history of receiving unrestricted gifts invested to address the most immediate needs of the community identified each year, as well as manages many family and community funds supporting specific needs of interest to the donor.
In addition, THF strategically identifies partnerships with other grantees, business partners and funders to implement projects supporting the local community.
- Leveraging THF’s Grants and Giving Committee to assure sound research, evaluation and oversight to adjust to the needs of tomorrow
- Benefiting from THF processes and due diligence
- In addition to THF’s independent and peer review of grant proposals conducted annually, THF is regularly exposed to healthcare needs in the community through the management of patient assistance programs, review of needs assessments, State and local reports, participation in area projects/consortiums and through our work serving as a local convener. This allows us to have a strong understanding of the healthcare needs in the community and help connect donors to areas of interest.
- Incurring fewer administrative burdens and cost
- Administrative back-end management and tax reporting
- A professional investment team overseeing managers and investing with other donors to leverage cost savings
- The Texoma Health Foundation’s Finance and Investment Committee is comprised of experienced business leaders who meet monthly. The performance of THF investments is reviewed in detail quarterly to evaluate the work of the investment team and performance of investment managers.
- Receiving the maximum tax benefits (more than a private foundation)
- Receiving one tax receipt for giving