Reba’s Ranch House
Reba’s Ranch House Endowments
Four major donors/funds make up the Reba’s Ranch House Endowment. The main endowment established to assure that the House is here for generations to come, a major gift from Ralph Porter to help the endowment reach a financial goal, the Mary E. Morrison Endowment created to support Reba’s Ranch House and the Jerdy and Anne Gary Endowment established in their honor by TMC.
Reba’s Ranch House Endowment: Thanks to benefit concerts and ongoing contributions and help from Mr. Ralph Porter, the Reba’s Ranch House Endowment assures the House continues to be here for future generations.
Jerdy and Anne Gary Endowment:
Jerdy Gary was the founder and Chairman of the Board of Sooner Oil Company in Texas. He is a former mayor of Denison and long-time independent oil company executive. He has spent years in volunteer service both in the local community and throughout the State, including serving on numerous boards. He was the first Chairman of the Texoma Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors and served in that position for 14 of his 25 years on the Board. Mr. Gary also serves on the Texoma Medical Center Board of Directors where he began his second term of service as Chairman in 2010.
His wife, Anne, was a charter member of the Texoma Medical Center Foundation Development Committee, responsible for raising funds for Reba’s projects through Memorial Day benefit concerts and events.
Mrs. Gary has also served on other local boards and organizations in the community as a volunteer, including being a charter member of the first Texoma Regional Blood Center board.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Gary are active in their church, Waples Memorial United Methodist in Denison. They have three children: Dan Gary and his wife Fran, Louanne Gary, and Ray Gary and his wife Gina. They also have four grandchildren: Clare, Hannah, Trey, and Dana.
After working to develop and coordinate benefit concerts with Reba beginning in 1987, the couple worked closely with the country music superstar and her husband Narvel Blackstock to coordinate the details of the original Reba’s Ranch House, which opened in 1992.
As Chairman of the Foundation, Mr. Gary was instrumental in the establishing an endowment to help ensure the future maintenance and operations of Reba’s Ranch House. Among the endowments that have been established to benefit the House, the Jerdy and Anne Gary Endowment was created in honor of Jerdy and Anne by TMC Foundation staff and continues to provide annual support to Ranch House operations.
Mary E. Morrison:
Mrs. Mary E. Morrison was born in Denison in 1916 and graduated from Denison High School. She worked for several retail businesses, primarily Madden’s Department Store in Denison and in 1945, she married Mr. Ray Morrison. The couple operated a grocery store together at 1530 West Morton for many years. During the 1960’s the couple sold the grocery store and moved seven miles east of Denison where they conducted a farming and ranching business for the remainder of their lives.
Mrs. Morrison was a life-long member of the First Presbyterian Church of Denison and actively involved in the Church’s Circle Four.
The couple became long-time residents of Denison and maintained a history of giving to healthcare programs that benefited their local community. This includes establishing the Mary E. Morrison Endowment, which assists in covering the operations of the Reba’s Ranch House.