Create a Fund
Give to an Existing Fund
An unrestricted fund is the best way to give back to Texoma in general rather than support a particular organization or cause.
The Grants Committee will undergo an intensive objective review of applicants in comparison to community needs with final recommendations approved by the THF Board of Directors with dollars dedicated to the most needed and worthy projects for the community to have the most impact year to year. These grantees are evaluated twice a year to assure donor return on investment.
Funds are designed to help donors achieve their specific charitable goals and community needs. The most popular type of fund is THF’s unrestricted fund. Grants from these funds allow the donor to have the connection to THF’s Grants and Giving Committee’s process.
An unrestricted fund can still be permanently endowed and named by or for the donor. A sustainable percentage of the fund’s balance is granted each year to charities identified as most in need in the Texoma region and selected by the governing Board of THF through a fair and independent competitive selection process by THF’s Grants and Giving Committee. An unrestricted fund is an effective way to leave a permanent named legacy in Texoma that can adjust over time to the needs of an ever-changing community.
Donor Advised Funds are established by donors who wish to participate actively in the grantmaking process. The donor recommends grants from the fund to the charitable project or organizations they want to support.
Scholarship Funds can be structured to benefit students at any education level or institution. A scholarship fund can also be created to honor a loved one.
- DR. MAX AND SHIRLEY CHAM FUND – (EMS school of choice) Scholarships for emergency medical technicians benefiting the Sherman Fire Department
- JACK AND KATHLEEN BERRY ENDOWMENT– (Camp Sweeney) Providing camperships for children with diabetes in THF’s four-county service area
Field of interest support particular interest areas, specific program initiatives, causes or geographic areas. At the donor’s request, use of the funds can be restricted to a specified area of interest. They give to the financial resources and the general “field” to support and the foundation selects the grantees through grants and giving and/or administration.
- Children’s Clinic of Sherman: CHILDREN’S EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Meyer Family: Health Professional Education
- Friends of Mackey Watkins: DIALYSIS FUND
- Breast Cancer Project: BREAST CANCER PROJECT and ROOM FOR HOPE
OTHER FUNDS INCLUDE:
- THE RALPH AND FRANCES PORTER FUND: provides financial assistance to uninsured Denison residents in need of support with hospital bills.
- REBA’S RANCH HOUSE ENDOWMENT: created to assure that the House is here for future generations
- JERDY AND ANNE GARY ENDOWMENT: created to support the Reba’s Ranch House Endowment
- MARY E MORRISON ENDOWMENT: assists in covering the operations of Reba’s Ranch House