Who We Are
“To support the health and well-being of the people in the Texoma Health Foundation community.” – Mission Statement
THF is the community’s heart of philanthropy. We work to connect all different types of donors and funds with our area’s needs to establish a better community for today and tomorrow.
In addition, THF serves as the Texoma Region’s only public Foundation serving Grayson, Fannin, Bryan and Marshall Counties.
Since its founding, the Foundation has grown in size and scope; adding new endowments and funds while strategically evaluating the priorities of healthcare philanthropy.
We fulfill our mission to promote the health of the residents in our service area by:
- awarding grants to area nonprofits
- administering direct service and assistance programs
- encouraging individuals, families and businesses to partner with us to fulfill their charitable goals
- overseeing more than $50 million in assets across 16 unique funds
- building the next generation of philanthropy and
- convening organizations to address community gaps and duplication
We are dedicated to improving the health of residents in Texoma. From a child receiving counseling in their home in Durant, Oklahoma, to a nursing student studying for an upcoming exam that will lead to graduation in Denison, Texas. We are focused on being catalysts of change.
We are able to accomplish this through several core areas of operations.
By awarding grants to area nonprofits and managing our own local initiatives, we work to:
- help assure that all residents have ACCESS to needed HEALTHCARE services
- INCREASE and retain the NURSING WORKFORCE and
- provide love and care to FAMILIES & CAREGIVERS through the Reba’s Ranch House
Funds, Projects and Programs of THF include:
The Berry Fund – Providing camperships for children with diabetes in THF’s four-county service area
- 500 Strong Campaign – Providing financial assistance to uninsured & under-insured women needing breast cancer surgeries and treatment
- Room for Hope – Providing wigs, prosthesis, and other products for women undergoing Cancer Treatment
- The Breast Cancer Support Group – A community support and fellowship group for Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
Dr. Max and Shirley Cham Fund – Scholarships for emergency medical technicians benefiting the Sherman Fire Department
Building a New Generation in Philanthropy – Connecting children to philanthropic opportunities to engage them in caring for others and being actively involved in their community
Children’s Fund – Patient assistance for children’s medical services in Grayson County
The Porter Fund – Patient assistance for working uninsured Denison residents
Reba’s Ranch House – A home-away-from-home for families to stay while their loved ones are in area hospitals.
Nursing education and retention – Multiple project supporting projects that address the nursing workforce shortage, retain local talent and support nurse leadership
Dr. Mackey Watkins Fund – Supporting initiatives and projects to improve dialysis care
THF’s Unrestricted Fund – Supporting area nonprofits through THF’s Community Grants and Giving. Grantees are selected annually through a competitive and objective review process.